1. Vacancy: vary from term to term
2. Nationality: USA, Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, etc (English as mother tongue)
3. Age: 23 ~ 60 in good health
4.Education: bachelor or above (English Language and Literature, Pedagogics, and Education majors with teaching experiences are preferred)
5. Contract Duration:
1) one academic year(preferred): from Sept. 1 to June 30 the following year
2) one term(optional): from Sept 1 to Dec.31(the same year) or Jan.31 (the following year); from Feb. to June 30 the same year
6. Courses: English Listening & Speaking, Oral English, English Writing, Literature, Survey to English Speaking Countries (Most are conversation based)
7. Monthly Salary with 16 periods per week:
1) With a Bachelor's degree, ￥5,200 RMB/ month.
2) With a Master's degree, ￥5,900 RMB / month.
3) With a Ph. D degree, ￥6,600 RMB/ month. An increase of ￥100 (RMB) per period of Listening & Speaking, Oral English, etc., and ￥ 120 (RMB) per period of English Writing and other substantial courses will be added to a foreign teacher's salary for any approved periods worked overtime.
8. Airfare Reimbursement:
1) No more than RMB ￥8,000 for one-academic-year contract
2) No more than RMB ￥4,000 for one-term contract
9. Lodging: free Three types of apartments are served mainly on the “first come, first served” basis while priority shall be given to teachers with family members and/or senior teachers. All are about 10-15minutes' walk away from the campus and are equipped with basic furniture, telephone,1 air-conditioner/heater, 1 refrigerator, 1 microwave, 1 induction cooker, 1 washing machine, 1 TV, 1 DVD, 1 water heater, 1 purified water unit, ADSL (computers are in the process of application), etc.
1) About 70-90 square meters, 2 bedrooms (one can be used as a study), 1 living room, 1 storeroom, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom, and 1 balcony.
2) About 32 square meters, 1 small bedroom, 1 big living room, 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom.
3) About 25 square meters, 1 small bedroom, 1 small living room, 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom.
10. Food: self provided
11. Water and Local Phone Call Bill: covered by the university
12. Electricity Bill: 300 kilowatt-hours per month covered by the university, extra amount covered by foreign teachers themselves.
13. Insurance: Bills for Comprehensive Protection Scheme (a kind of insurance in China as a supplement to foreign teachers' own protection scheme) shall be covered by the university. Before the service at ZSTU, foreign teachers are expected to buy insurance regarding life and health protection in their own countries for any insurance liability.
14. Vacations: share all holidays ZSTU Chinese staff have, and 1-day paid holiday to celebrate Christmas or their National Day.
1. C.V. (including full name, nationality, gender, marital status, educational background and working experience, and basic information of family members accompanied if there is any)
2. Academic degree certificates
3. Copy of the information page of passport
4. Reference letter(s) with contact information, one of which should be from the latest employer. A reference letter from the latest Chinese employer is necessary if a teacher comes from a Chinese university, college or other organizations.
5. TEFL/TESL Certificate if available
6. Physical Examination Record for Foreigners from the Chinese Embassy or Consulates, or Certificate of Health Examination from the designated department in China